920004A - Overrunning Alternator Decoupling (OAD) Pulley
Litens Automotive is the inventor and patent holder of OAD decoupling alternator pulleys. This replacement pulley is offered as an upgrade to the original one-way clutch design for this police vehicle application . The Litens OAD type pulley is designed to free-wheel in one direction and, with an internal spring and damping device, softly engage in the opposite direction. The OAD is designed as a sacrificial part of the front-end accessory drive system, protecting other belt driven component as well as the alternator. The correct decoupler pulley ensures smooth, quiet performance, as well as, increasing vehicle gas mileage. Under normal driving conditions, the original pulley will require replacement in approx. 45,000 - 75,000 miles.
- Patented Original Equipment Design
- Protects the alternator and other front-end accessory drive components.
- Installation instructions included.
- New plastic cap included with the OAD.
- Tools Required - Litens recommends using a 17mm hex bit driver such as a Snap-On P/N CTP110A and a 10mm Allen key.
- Professional mechanics can install this replacement OAD in approximately 1/2 hour. During alternator replacement, belts, tensioners, and routing pulleys should be inspected.
- 53mm O.D.; 17mm I.D; 49mm width; ribbed running surface for a 6-rib serpentine belt ; high-grade steel construction. 17mm Hex bit driver Included for ease of installation.
Write Your Own Review