950405A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens Automotive is the original equipment (O.E.) supplier to Volkswagen for this tensioner. Due to field performance issues, Litens redesigned this tensioner for the aftermarket. The Litens redesigned part meets all form, fit, and performance characteristics of the original equipment part. Like the original part, this tensioner is manufactured in Germany by Litens. The tensioner has two mounting bosses as well as the internal damping design specified for this diesel application. New mounting bolt included. The tensioner pulley is sold separately under Litens P/N 900075A
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Pulley not included. Pulley sold separately under Litens P/N 900075A
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 1 hour.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review