950550A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this popular Volvo tensioner and offers this "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket. This "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket meets all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications. *(O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design). This tensioner design includes the European-style split-steel pulley, a pin-locking system to hold the tensioner closed during installation, and a molded lift-feature on the arm to assist with belt removal and installation. As with the Litens Original Equipment tensioner, this replacement tensioner is produced in Germany. Note - Volvo dual-sourced this tensioner - some original parts may be a "flat-spring" design. The Litens tensioner replaces either of the original equipment designs.
- Manufactured by Litens, the largest original equipment tensioner & pulley supplier in the world, to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty European style split-steel pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pockets and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in under 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review