999002A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This Litens' tensioner is manufactured by the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this popular General Motors tensioner. The Litens aftermarket part meets original equipment specifications in form, fit, and function. While the many aftermarket tensioner suppliers remove the original damping element and change the pulley from steel to plastic, the Litens "round spring" tensioner maintains these original equipment components required for optimal performance and life. O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Note: This tensioner was supplied to the original equipment manufacturer by two different part suppliers. The tensioner being replaced may look different, but this Litens part replaces both variations.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in 20 minutes
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review