999013A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This Litens part is manufactured by the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this popular General Motors tensioner. The Litens aftermarket part meets original equipment specifications in form, fit, and function. Many non-O.E. aftermarket tensioner suppliers removed the original damping element and change the pulley from steel to plastic. The Litens "round spring" tensioner maintains these original equipment components required for optimal performance and life. Unlike many aftermarket parts, this Litens part does not require supplemental bolts, bushings, or a sleeve to bolt up to the engine. O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and are marked "Made in Canada"
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review