999024A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This Litens aftermarket part is designed and engineered by one of the world's largest supplier of Original Equipment (O.E.) tensioners. While the appearance is slightly different from the original equipment part, the Litens part maintains Ford original form, fit, and function specifications. The tensioner design includes an integrated mounting bolt as well as a molded locating pin for precise installation. The pulley has been upgraded from plastic to steel for this severe application. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: The Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and is marked "Made in Canada". Specifically designed for the 4-Cyl. 2.4L Thunderbird & Mustang (Main serpentine drive).
- Manufactured by the one on the world's largest original equipment tensioner suppliers to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review