999026A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This Litens aftermarket part is designed and engineered by one of the world's largest supplier of Original Equipment (O.E.) tensioners. While the appearance is slightly different from the original equipment part, the Litens part maintains General Motors' original form, fit, and function specifications. In addition, the Litens product has been up-graded the pulley to steel for this severe service vehicle. Ideal for 1987-93 Chevy Postal vehicles. Caution: Many aftermarket parts suppliers have removed the internal damping component in their designs. This may cause system noise and vibration. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: The Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and is marked "Made in Canada". Note: This tensioner is designed for Chevy & GM 2.5L vehicles, including the 1987-93 LLV (Postal Vehicle).
- Manufactured by the one on the world's largest original equipment tensioner suppliers to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review