999049A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This Litens tensioner is manufactured by one of the Original Equipment (O.E.) suppliers of this popular General Motors tensioner. This "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket meets all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications. (*OE Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design). There is both an original equipment flat-spring and round-spring version of this tensioner. Litens round-spring tensioner will replace either version.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review