999103A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this "OE Exact"* part for the aftermarket. The Litens product meets all of Chrysler's original equipment form, fit, and function specifications. O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Installation Tip: This drive has had numerous issues concerning "throwing belts" in wet weather. Various fixes have been offered such as a large pulley washer to keep the belt from jumping and alignment screws on the tensioner. To resolve this issue, Litens engineers have created a "FIX KIT" specifically for this drive. The kit consists of a modified tensioner with a grooved pulley, a grooved idler pulley, and a double-sided serpentine belt. This kit is available as part number 999161A.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Polymer Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes to 1 hour,
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review