999116A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this "O.E. Exact"* tensioner for the aftermarket. This popular tensioner designed for Chrysler / Dodge and Jeep vehicles, looks, fits, and performs like the original part being replaced. The original tensioner was sold with a mounting bracket (only available from the dealership) which can normally be reused when replacing the tensioner. This tensioner has been upgraded to include an integrated pulley bolt/washer. O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Polymer Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in 20 minutes
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review