999125A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment supplier (O.E.) of this part and offers this "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket. This popular tensioner designed for General Motors vehicles, looks, fits, and performs like the original part being replaced. Unlike many Non-O.E. aftermarket tensioner suppliers, the Litens part maintains the original equipment steel pulley and internal damping feature for optimal performance and life. Installation Tip: Note the Litens aftermarket tensioner maintains the inset square wrench "lift feature" on the tensioner face to facilitate belt tension release during installation. This lift-feature makes installation easier on the assembly line or in the garage. *OE Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens integrated bolt/washer versus 2 separate components. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review