999146A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This application featured the very first automatic belt tensioner in the world. Litens Automotive was the original equipment (O.E.) supplier of this tensioner for Ford applications. Since this part was first introduced in 1979, there have been many technology improvements that Litens has now incorporated into this tensioner. The Litens replacement part meets all fit and performance characteristics of the original equipment part but looks different from the original part supplied from 1979-84. The tensioner maintains the O.E. round spring technology as well as a robust steel pulley. The tensioner is supplied with a new installation bolt to insure proper fit and alignment. Note: The new tensioner has a cast-in locating pin on the engine side of the tensioner. For this pin to fit properly, the location hole on the engine must be slightly enlarged with using a 17/64" drill bit - follow instructions provided.
- Designed & engineered by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review