999215A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
The front-end accessory drive system on this vehicle has historically had problems with throwing belts in rain and snow. Many of the problems have been the result of system misalignment and/or water ingression. Not being satisfied with the solutions available to consumers, Litens (the world's largest Original Equipment supplier of tensioners) re-engineered the drive and created this "fix-kit". The kit consists of a new tensioner with a grooved pulley (the original tensioner has a smooth pulley) , a new grooved routing idler (the original is smooth), and a double-sided serpentine belt. The grooves on the belt "lock-into" the grooves on the tensioner and routing pulleys making it near impossible to throw the belt. This system will solve the belt throwing problem once and for all!
- Manufactured by the world's largest Original Equipment supplier of accessory drive tensioners and pulleys.
- Internal tensioner "round spring" technology provides constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Replacement idler & tensioner for this kit are available from Litens.
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 1 hour.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review