999288A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.)supplier of this part and offers this upgraded part for the aftermarket. The Litens product meets or exceeds all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications for this Ford/Mercury/Mazda tensioner. Tensioner upgrades include a longer arm to reduce tensioner motion, a redesigned spring housing to enhance durability, increased damping, and an upgrade in pulley material from steel to a strong-light weight plastic. Note: Most Non-O.E. aftermarket tensioner suppliers of this part have actually removed the internal damping components required for long trouble-free performance, Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review