999310A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Out of stock
Only 0 left
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this upgraded part for the aftermarket. The Litens product meets or exceeds all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications for this Ford/Mercury/Mazda application. Tensioner upgrades include a redesigned steel pivot shaft to improve angularity and a change from steel to a plastic pulley. Unlike most Non-O.E. aftermarket tensioners, the Litens aftermarket tensioner maintains the OE damping system to insure quiet, long-lasting performance. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring. Supplied with a new mounting bolt. CAUTION: Some non-original equipment manufacturers have consolidated this part with a similar Ford/Mazda tensioner. They provide a spacer sleeve for the bolt and 2 extra bolts to assist in installation. While the part may be mounted on either engine design, the belt drives require different tension values and the nominal tensioner position once the belt is installed may not be correct. Best to always use the Litens original design for proper performance.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Glass Reinforced Polymer Pulley for optimized dimensional control and running surface durability
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review