999380A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens Automotive is the original equipment supplier of this tensioner for this Ford/Mazda application. The Litens replacement part meets all form, fit, and performance characteristics of the original equipment part (with the exception of not having the car manufacturer's logo or part number applied to the part). The Litens replacement part maintains the round wire spring and internal damping components specified by the O.E. manufacturer. CAUTION: Some non-original equipment manufacturers have consolidated this part with a similar Ford/Mazda tensioner. They provide a spacer sleeve for the bolt and 2 extra bolts to assist in installation. While the part may be mounted on either engine design, the belt drives require different tension values and the nominal tensioner position once the belt is installed may not be correct. Best to always use the Litens original design for proper performance.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- This belt tensioner has belt-length indicator marking to warn of excessive belt stretch.
- Durable Thermoplastic Pulley for long service life and performance.
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 1 hour.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
- Installation instructions included.
Write Your Own Review