999425A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
The original tensioner on this Toyota vehicle was a hydraulic design that often exhibited a low frequency noise during early morning cool/cold start-ups. There have been a number of "Fixes" recommended for this problem without much success. The Litens "Fix-Kit" uses various components of the latest tensioner, belt, and alternator pulley technology to offer a permanent solution. The kit consists of a new tensioner with a "mechanical" spring (999418A), a new decoupling alternator OAD pulley (920834A), and a new Goodyear serpentine belt (4060740). As the largest original equipment tensioner supplier to Toyota, Litens understands the drives and offers this solution to resolve this problem.
- Manufactured by the world's largest Original Equipment supplier of accessory drive tensioners and pulleys.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Polymer pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 1 hour.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review