999482A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens offers this accessory drive "fix-kit" in response to the Honda TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) #09-007 issued on January 30, 2009. This Litens belt tensioner is manufactured by INA, the original equipment (O.E.) tensioner supplier and meets all form, fit, and performance characteristics of the original equipment part (with the exception of not having the car manufacturer's logo or part number applied to the part). This tensioner kit is designed to resolve issues stated in the TSB for 2006 Honda Civics equipped with a 1.8L engine. The kit includes a new hydraulic strut tensioner with bracketry and steel pulley, a new pivot bolt, and a new belt of the proper size for the rerouting required. Detailed installation directions are included with the part. NOTE: Check for a punch mark below the 13th character of the engine compartment VIN. A punch mark in that location indicates that the product update has already been completed.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Hydraulic strut tensioning device to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included. Denotes new belt routing and part installation procedure.
- Heavy Duty steel pulley - pre-attached to the tensioner bracket.
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 1 hour or less.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review