999495A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this "OE Exact"* General Motors water-passage tensioner for the aftermarket. This "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket meets all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications. *(O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design). As the OE supplier, Litens maintains equipment to pressure test each and every tensioner to insure leak-free performance. Most non-OE aftermarket suppliers do not have the required equipment to test their parts prior to release. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and are marked "Made in Canada".
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. Tensioner is an integrated component of a large aluminum bracket.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 1 hour+.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review