999537A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens Automotive is the original equipment supplier of this tensioner for this Honda application. The Litens replacement part meets all form, fit, and performance characteristics of the original equipment part (with the exception of not having the car manufacturer's logo or part number applied to the part). The Litens replacement part maintains the round wire spring, enhanced damping level, and the heavy duty steel pulley specified by the O.E. manufacturer. Note: Honda issued TSB 03-052 (Technical Service Bulletin) on the original tensioner (999505a) for noise issues when used on Acura MDX and Honda Pilot. The TSB resulted in this variant (999537a) which has the higher tension rate and the improved damping recommended by Honda /Acura .
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Durable Steel Pulley for long service life and performance.
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in about 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review