999558A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this popular General Motors water-passage tensioner. This ".OE. Exact"* part for the aftermarket meets all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications. (*OE Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design) Note: As the OE supplier, Litens uses sophisticated equipment to pressure test each and every tensioner to insure leak-free performance. This test is specified by GM and is critical to leak free performance. Most non-OE suppliers do not have this equipment and do not test for leaks. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and are marked "Made in Canada".
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. Tensioner is an integrated component of a large aluminum bracket.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 1 hour+.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review