999671A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) suppliers of this Honda/Acura tensioner and offers this "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket. This "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket meets all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications. *(O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design). This popular tensioner is designed with 2 heavy duty steel pulleys. The tensioner pulley which functions as a routing pulley comes unattached to the tensioner since it is used to mount the tensioner to the engine block. The existing bolt and dust shield will be re-used during installation. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use round spring technology and are marked "Made in Canada". Note: On 11/1/08 Honda issued a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB # 08-082) on this part advising of a tensioner fit issue requiring trimming of the lower timing belt cover. (VCM variable cylinder management vehicles require P/N 999428a)
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- 2 - Heavy Duty Steel Pulleys with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review