999816A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this "O.E. Exact"*part for the aftermarket. This popular tensioner, designed for Jeep Wrangler 3.8L vehicles, looks, fits, and performs like the original part being replaced. Unlike many Non-O.E. aftermarket tensioners, the Litens part maintains the internal damping feature for optimal performance and life. O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Note - The heavy duty polymer pulley is attached to the tensioner with an integrated bolt/washer, has two molded locator pins for accurate installation, and the tensioner arm maintains the O.E. lift feature for easy belt removal, and installation. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring. Common O.E. reference number 53032860A
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Durable Polymer Pulleys for long service life and performance.
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 30 minutes
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review