999978A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this "O.E. Exact"* part for the aftermarket. This popular tensioner designed for Ford Diesel vehicles, looks, fits, and performs like the original part being replaced. "O.E. Exact" - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Like the original design, this tensioner maintains the molded dual locating pins, a molded lift feature in the arm, and the heavy duty steel pulley. The Tensioner comes complete with a new fastening bolt. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and are marked "Made in Canada". Caution: Ford Issued a TSB (technical service bulletin) on the part (TSB 12-1-13 issued 1/20/12) warning installers to follow correct belt routing procedures - The belt routes over the upper idler pulley, not under
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in 20 minutes to 1 hour
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review