999424A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
The front-end accessory drive system on this vehicle has historically had problems with excessive noise and vibrations. As a "fix" to these issues, Litens (the world's largest supplier on Original Equipment belt tensioning products), offers this kit to fix the problem once and for all! The kit consists of a redesigned tensioner (replacing the hydraulic strut with a spring-loaded strut), a new decoupler type pulley (the original is a solid pulley) for the alternator, and a new Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt. Note: The kit includes a warning label to notify mechanics that the original drive has been upgraded.
- Designed & manufactured by the Litens Automotive - the world largest original equipment tensioner manufacturer.
- Kit Includes: tensioner, alternator pulley, and serpentine belt.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Polymer Pulley
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in 1 hour.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review