999445A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
This Litens' tensioner is supplied by one of the largest automotive tensioner suppliers in the United States and meets all form, fit, and performance characteristics of this popular Chrysler/Jeep application. The Litens aftermarket part meets original equipment specifications in form, fit, and function. While the many aftermarket tensioner suppliers remove the original damping element and change the pulley from steel to plastic, the Litens "round spring" tensioner maintains these original equipment components required for optimal performance and life. O.E. Exact - Original Equipment manufacturers prohibits the use of their part number or logo on parts sold to other customers. Therefore, the Litens aftermarket part may have minor cosmetic differences but still be exact in performance and design. Like the original equipment part, this tensioner comes equipped with one smooth and one grooved heavy duty polymer pulleys. NOTE: Chrysler issues a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on this tensioner for vehicles equipped with the 3.7L engine advising that the original tensioner (P/N# 53030958AE) is the cause of a belt chirping noise and should be replaced with a modifies version. The Litens part, includes these technical updates.
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life. The internal damping design provides quiet, smooth, system performance.
- Installation instructions included.
- 2 Heavy Duty Polymer Pulleys
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in 20 minutes to 1 hour
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review