999577A - Automatic Serpentine Belt Tensioner
Litens was the Original Equipment (O.E.) supplier of this part and offers this upgraded part for the aftermarket. The Litens product meets or exceeds all original equipment form, fit, and function specifications for this Ford/Mercury/Mazda tensioner. Tensioner upgrades include a redesigned to the steel pivot shaft to improve angularity and a change from steel to a lighter weight plastic pulley. A new engine attachment bolt is included for ease of installation. Choosing The Correct Replacement Part: Both the original equipment and Litens aftermarket tensioner use a round spring versus a flat spring and are marked "Made in Canada" .
- Manufactured by the original equipment part supplier to insure proper form, fit, and performance.
- Internal "round spring" technology to provide constant belt tension and alignment throughout its service life.
- Installation instructions included.
- Heavy Duty Steel Pulley with close tolerance ball bearing pocket and Electro-deposited coating for superior corrosion resistance
- Professional Mechanics will change this tensioner in approx. 20 minutes.
- Due to the fact that belts and tensioners have similar Original Equipment "design life targets", it is often a best practice to replace the belt tensioner when replacing a worn or broken belt. Belt removal is required to change the tensioner. Therefore doing both together will extend accessory drive life and lower overall labor versus performing these services separately.
Write Your Own Review